BusinessObjects Board

Auditor Report Failed Notifications for jobs that succeeded

Hi,

We have failed notifications set up to email the service desk know when reports have failed to run. This has been running fine for a number of weeks.

Yesterday the service desk called to say all the overnight reports had failed as they had the emails to say so. Lots of them! We thought it strange and checked. No reports had failed? Then we had a call about another one that had just failed, when we checked this, the report the notification was referring to was still running (how can if fail when still running?), this report completed fine.

I checked auditor data and could see no mention of any reports failing. Emails are getting through and file locations for saved reports have not changed and reports are saving OK?

This has happened again today.

Confused.

Has anybody come across this before

Le Chiffre (BOB member since 2014-09-11)

Im Updating this call just for info.

After more digging, I’ve now found that a copy of the BO server was made and placed in an ‘isolated’ network (or not so isololated as it turns out).

This second server was still managing to send out email notifications. This was traced using the email headers on teh failed notifications.

Is it any wonder that anyone looing at this would have been as puzzled as me.

Le Chiffre (BOB member since 2014-09-11)