BusinessObjects Board

Auditing CMC Activity

Hello,

Our company is looking to find a way to audit CMC Activity to see who is doing what. As far as I can tell, there isn’t a way to do this. However, I hope I’m wrong which is why I’ve posted this question here. I’m also new to the CMC so I hope there is a solution to my question.

If you know one way or the other, please let me know.

Thank you,
Aaron

asimmonz :us: (BOB member since 2014-01-16)

What actions are you interested in? There are plenty of them available in audit like delete, refresh, create etc. Full list of them you will find in CMC.

Marfi :poland: (BOB member since 2006-12-18)

I’m not looking for universe or report auditing that does show delete, refresh, create etc. I’m looking for CMC activity to see who is doing what. I’m trying to find out who and how many times someone is adding a new user, removing security access, modifing security access, adding a connection, etc.

From what I can tell, I can’t find any auditing data from the auditing universe for CMC activity. If I am wrong, please let me know where I can find that.

Thanks Marfi,
Aaron

Most (if not all) of the actions you referred to are captured in Audit, although they are associated with the CMS service not the CMC application. In CMC, go to Services, then the CentralManagementServer. On the Audit Events tab, select all of the available Events.

joepeters :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

[Moderator Note: Moved from General Discussion to Auditor]

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

I don’t have a ‘Services’ option in the CMC. In the S’s, I only have Servers, Sessions, and Servers.

Thanks Marek,
Aaron

Servers.

I have found a few CentralManagementServer’s but there are no ‘Audit Events Tab’ that I can find.

Thanks,
Aaron

Are you on BI4? If so, Auditing is its own section in CMC.

Yes, 4.0. However, the Auditing options within the CMC is for auditing the universes and reports. There is nothing in here that I can find that allows me to audit CMC activity.

Any idea where I can find, if possible, the ability to audit CMC activities only (security changes, adding new connections, creating new folders, etc.)?

Thanks,
Aaron

I can’t remember about 4.0 but in 4.1 these are available. Adding a new connection is a creation activity, so the Common Event of Create should audit the creation of new connections and new folders. Under Platform Events there are options for Custom Access Level Modified and Rights Modification which should audit the security. These are all under Auditing in the CMC.

Here is the full list of events I see in CMC 4.1

Common Events:
View
Refresh
Prompt
Create
Delete
Modify
Save
Search
Edit
Run
Deliver
Retrieve
Logon
Logout
Trigger

Platform Events:
Auditing Modification
Custom Access Level Modified
Rights Modification

Analysis Events:
Cube Connection
MDAS Session

Lifecycle management Events:
LCM Configuration
Rollback
VMS Add
VMS Checkin
VMS Checkout
VMS Delete
VMS Export
VMS Lock
VMS Retrieve
VMS Unlock

Web Intelligence Events:
Drill Out Of Scope
Page Retrieved

Marfi :poland: (BOB member since 2006-12-18)