BusinessObjects Board

Any ideas why the BO webi server always does not work

Hi ,

Since past few weeks we have an issue where the BO webi server does not work on weekends.We restart the webi and make the webi services available.Any ideas how we can avoid this like some settings to be changed.

Thanks in Advance

[Moderator Edit: I’ve deleted your duplicate topic which you had made one minute before posting this topic. AMC]

vamsi krishna (BOB member since 2005-11-18)

Have you done any kind of frequent installation and uninstallation of SP or CHF,MHF.Then this issue may come up.

It creates a backup folder for this. Try to delete what ever there inside. It will work fine. Please do atry by taking a back up of this folder. I haven’t exactly remembered as i have done may be almost 2 years back.

Also if you can reconfigure the BO server, that will be helpful to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Ranjan

ranjan.sahoo :india: (BOB member since 2007-06-11)

Thanks for the reply.

Can u guide me to the path where this exists?

Actually we have a weekly reboot of the machine and after the machine starts we face this problem where we have to manually start the webi instaed of being done automatically…

Any suggestins…

It gets created because installation/unistallation.

Once i have done this. So not exactly remembered.

Please do look at backup folder in your Business Objects->BusinessObjects Enterprise 6.5 directory, there you will get.
If you wont get, that means not got created.

So you can reconfigure using confg tool. I hope you will get the resolution.

Thanks,

Ranjan

ranjan.sahoo :india: (BOB member since 2007-06-11)

Currently we dont have the admin panel showing up although every thing is working fine with webi.

Is there some problem with the applets …
Any ideas to get the admin panel of our BO 5.1.7 to work…

Thanks in advance

Could it be that someone is running a really big report on Friday? We had problems with our WebI Report Server going down until we performed the actions in this KB:

http://technicalsupport.businessobjects.com/KanisaSupportSite/search.do;jsessionid=C1007A6F0A361DCD0640F4722CE539DB?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=7463418&sliceId=&dialogID=12950225&stateId=1%200%2012948696

It could also be that you need to increase the timeouts and create separate servers for scheduled reports as specified in this KB:

http://technicalsupport.businessobjects.com/KanisaSupportSite/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=7385075&sliceId=&dialogID=12992500&stateId=1%200%2012994389

cppwiz :us: (BOB member since 2007-09-13)

Hi

We have already SharedSection value of 1024,3072,5136…

Any ideas where we can gvet the log information as why the server was down…