BusinessObjects Board

Anita Craig Memorial

Anita Craig, one of the original founding members of BOB and still a top-ten poster after over a year of absence due to battling cancer, died a few days ago. I have personally known her for over a decade but only came to really and truly appreciate her spirit over the years we spent together here on BOB. Anita was a member of the BUSOB-L mailing list that came before BOB. She worked tirelessly in the beginning to help get BOB up and running. She - like all of us that were involved at the early stages - was excited about the new direction that we were going in our transition from the mailing list to a discussion board. She was an integral part in helping the community get started, was one of the first to be added to the moderator team, and served as a back-up administrator under the username Bobarella. Her name is sprinkled throughout the various FAQ topics, and I’m sure that many long-term members will remember her helpful posts.

Her husband offered this:

While we are not going to take up a public collection for her, I do want to share that we will make a contribution to the organization listed above from the BOB funds. It will be noted as coming from the entire community. I think Anita would have appreciated that.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

I have known Anita for the past 10 years, and became a good friend during my many business trips to her area. Since her stroke last year, I have visited with her and her husband several time, both at their home and at local restaurants. Anita was a great friend who will always hold a place in my heart.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Dave, could you set up something with paypal or similar so that those of us from further afield can donate?

Damocles :uk: (BOB member since 2006-10-05)

Dave,

This would be useful.

I had some great posts “chatting” to Anita over the years.
A big sense of humour and wit, also.

I have been absent myself,a lot this year, but had noticed Anita hadn’t contributed, recently, which was unusual.

Best wishes to her family,

Regards,

Mark.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

I will call the foundation listed above and see if they are set up to take PayPal donations directly. That would be better, in my opinion, as individual contributions can be made by whoever would like to do so. As I am not a registered charity I could not provide any sort of tax receipt. I understand that is probably not the first concern here, but I feel like I should point it out nonetheless.

If the foundation cannot take PayPal then I will set something up and post it here in this topic.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Thanks Dave.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Worthy of a sticky.

RIP, Anita

nitrobrother :us: (BOB member since 2004-09-08)

I talked to someone in their office and she directed me to their web site to the following page:

On that page they have a link to a secure process for online donations via credit card. They also have a mailing address. If you would like to make the donation directly, it seems that one of the options on that page would help.

If you would still rather send the money via PayPal to me and have me add it to what we will send I am willing to do that too. You can send the funds to the email address paypal at forumtopics dot com (replace at with @ and dot with . and all of that to make it a proper email address). If you do that, please put Anita’s name in the subject or comments of the donation and we will get it taken care of.

Thanks

I am so sad to hear this (and thank you Chris for letting me know). Anita was a delight soul who I cannot recall ever being anything but cheerful.

Michael, my sympathies to you as I know you were a good friend to her.

csievert :denmark: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

I am so sad to hear this. I remember meeting her first time at Miami conference and she was always so cheerful and full of life. My wife was also there during that conference and she too have fond memories of meeting her.
Our condolences to her family and We will keep them in our prayers.

dcdas :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

I am so very sorry for the loss that her family and all of us have experienced. Anita was such a bright, personable, pleasant person and I know that having known her was a great thing for me.

Anita was a wonderful person and will certainly be missed.

RIP Anita!

Eileen King :us: (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

Its really sad to hear about Anita, God bless the family.

RBO (BOB member since 2006-08-26)

I am sorry to hear about Anita’s death. May the Lord console her family.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

This pictire was taken the last time I saw Anita. We went to dinner just this past August. From left to right, Me. Kathy (former co-worker of Anita’s), Anita’s daughter, Anita, and her husband.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Our condolences to the family of Anita . :frowning:

The BOB members and BusinessObjects consultants here in the Philippines (though we are not that many) mourns for the lost of one the pillars of BOB and the BI Industry.

May her soul rest peacefully in Gods loving arms.

jvmauricio :philippines: (BOB member since 2009-08-03)

condolence to her family.

r.A.

R.A. :philippines: (BOB member since 2008-10-28)

She was a very active member on the site.

My heart felt condolences to her family :cry: .

harishreddy :india: (BOB member since 2006-05-11)

My heartfelt condolences to her family. May her soul rest in peace.

nithya_raj (BOB member since 2007-02-03)

Sad first post reading :frowning: I wasn’t aware about her illness.

Condolences to her family and friends …

Bernard

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Thank you Michael for posting that great photo of Anita and her family (and Kathy). She looked really good in that photo!

csievert :denmark: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)