BusinessObjects Board

ALL LOV Prompts

I created an LOV that includes “ALL” as a choice. I created a filter to prompt and resolve the “ALL” choice however, every post I’ve seen about this requires the syntax:

@Select(INQUIRY\LAST NAME) IN @Prompt('Select last name:' ,'a','INQUIRY\LAST NAME',multi,free) OR 'ALL' in @Prompt('Select last name: ','a','INQUIRY\LAST NAME',multi,free)

This leads to 2 prompts being displayed for the same value. Is there any way to combine these into one prompt?

Thank you!

s_handel (BOB member since 2005-12-30)

Welcome to B :mrgreen: B

Try this link, for more information:
This has been discussed many times…

BO_Chief :us: (BOB member since 2004-06-06)

I appreciate the input, but I already have it setup the way I’ve read about on the boards. I specifically need help determining if it can be changed to only prompt the user once or not. Thank you!

There should be only one prompt displayed to user if the Label of the prompt is the same. Just make sure that the Label is the same.

salam :pakistan: (BOB member since 2005-01-27)

Hi,

the problem in your syntax is that you have one extra space at the end of the prompt name (after the “name:”).

So if you use this:

@Select(INQUIRY\LAST NAME) IN @Prompt('Select last name:','a','INQUIRY\LAST NAME',multi,free) OR 'ALL' in @Prompt('Select last name:','a','INQUIRY\LAST NAME',multi,free)

then you should be prompted only once 8)

Marek

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Aha! Thanks so much for all the help. It was the extra space causing the problem. I’m glad it was something simple.