BusinessObjects Board

All BCA reports failing continuously(unknown job killed)

Hi,

I am working on all the 3 versions 3.1, XIR2, 6.5. Today had a surprising issue with the legacy version (6.5). All the scheduled reports in BCA were failing continuously with error “unknown job killed BCAG0230”. The server was responding , BO services were okay but all scheduled reports were failing.

We even rebooted the server but all in vain!!..

On investigation , it was found that one of the groups in supervisor was changed to a user because of reasons unknown. Getting back to the Oracle database and assigning that user back to group id ( by update command ) made everything normal.

What I am wondering is how did this effect the reports on BCA? How are they even linked!!.. If anyone can explain?

Amy_Vikram :india: (BOB member since 2011-10-15)

Hi,

Just a wild guess:
Does the user that is used for BCA scheduling belong to the group of users that misteriously changed to a user? That could somehow and potentially explain problems with scheduled jobs. Somehow. Potentially. :slight_smile:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Thanks for being in !!.. To ans, No…It isnt…The Scheduling groups is separate.

Are there any special users in that group of users?

Hi,

The user group has no broadcast agent properties enabled for it , but a noticeable point is that it comes under a group called “Standard BO webi users” which has scheduling properties associated with that!!

Could that be a reason?? If yes, can you pls explain how?

Many Thanks,
Amit

Yes, it can be a reason.

It’s been more than 6 years that I worked with (and even saw) this old BOBJ version so my memory is a bit rusty :?

But shouldn’t the property defined at the lower level overwrite it? :roll_eyes:

Thanks… The group id assigned to the group(16 ) changed to user id (1). Though the group had scheduling rights associated with it :yesnod: but it had no users in it :crazy_face: