BusinessObjects Board

Aggregates on the report

Hi,

I’m a relative newbie and know how to create general universes, reports, charts etc.

I am trying to create a chart/ or even a table report for that matter, where I have an aggregate appear in the report. For example,
I have a Time entering system where I have an Employee, Project, Tasks dimensions, and a central fact table which joins all of them and also has Weekend dates, and Number for Hours. So the grain of this fact table is hours by task for a weekend.

I want to create a table which has Employee, Weekend date, Project, Task, and number of hours for each task, but also a grouped sum number of hours column for each project, and another one for Weekend Date, and another one for Employee as well. And I want to show this in a nice chart. Probably need to create 2 reports for this, but I was wondering what you would suggest.

Currently, the only thing I can think of is to create hierarchies between Weekend date, project, task, in that order, and then bring employee out as “secion” so I have reports for each employee. I’ll have another report where hierarchy would be Employee, project, task, and put weekend date as a section. All aggregates will need to be seen by drilling up and down.

Not sure if there are better ways. Requiremetn is to be able to see this data easily. Anything goes, basically.

What are your thoughts?

Tony

yubjun (BOB member since 2007-04-13)