BusinessObjects Board

Address Cleansing for African Countries

Hi.

I am working on a project where the client is based out of Africa region. Due to the fact that it is a Data migration project and client has multiple discrete systems to leverage their current requirements. Now while migrating the data to SAP system there has to be a Data quality process in place and I am new to DQ. I have seen the DQ blueprints of few countries, however I am not aware if Address cleansing is possible in Data services for any other country except the Address cleansing transforms designed for specific countries. Is it possible to perform Address cleansing for an African country?

Regards,
Virendra

SoniVx (BOB member since 2010-12-10)

You can use the Global / All World directory (Note: all directories are additional anually subscriptions) for Postal Code / Locality / Region validation and correction plus standardization and formating of the street / building information.

This is not as detailled as the country specific address directories which have more content and details and are able to correct also street information or secondary information like appartments etc.

But with the Global / All World directory, you can get a high degree of standardization into your address lines that is essential for having same address format when records come from separate sources (with different formats) and then want to match the information between the different sources. What is exactly your Data migration use case.

Find more information on the Data Services Data Cleanse transforms on the SAP Community Network Wiki:
http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/EIM/Data+Quality

Niels

nweigel :de: (BOB member since 2008-11-05)