BusinessObjects Board

Adding non-input (arbitrary) parameters to OpenDoc URL?

Preface that I did a pretty robust search for this prior to submiting this question (incl. OpenDoc guide)

Does anyone know if there is a way to add a parameter to an OpenDoc URL that isn’t an input?

In other words, I want to add a parameter that isn’t explicitly a query parameter to the URL. Instead, I want to retrieve that parameter’s value on the report-side.

See the below pretend URL as an example. Let’s say that I wanted to query for “apples” but only wanted to pass the second variable (“green”) to the report rather than have it as another input parameter.

Example: <webi_url>&lsSvar1=apple&lsSvar2=green

Long time lurker, first time caller. Thanks for all the efforts in maintaining this invaluable resource.

1 Like

Follow up that I have with a solution for this, using the “oldie but goodie” fake query workaround.

Add a query with a prompt for this arbitrary data. It’s best that you at least have something returned in the results objects for this query, to prevent the “no results found” popup if the user is viewing this in WebI. Usually something like “last refresh date” will do. Just grab that UserResponse on the report-side and that’s that.

1 Like