BusinessObjects Board

Adding new APS's in 4.3 - not adding to watch list

I added the new APSs to the first server and they automatically created the watch. When I go to the other server in the cluster I don’t get an automatic watch built and get a blue/white in the health.

SAP support says I have to build the 2nd server watches manually. I find that hard to believe.

SAP 4.3 SP2 patch 6

Did you add the new APSs manually or did you use the Configuration Wizard?
I be the Configuration Wizard would create the monitoring watches.
It does make some sense that if you manually create an APS, it would not automatically create a watch for it.

I tried the configuration wizard and really messed it up. So I went back to do it manually (new server) and configured it the same as my 4.2 APSs. The first server worked no issue, 2nd one will not.

May shutdown the 1st node and build them on the 2nd node?

You could try that. If it didn’t create the watches before, I would it expect it to not create them in this scenario either. Trying is the only way to know for sure though.

Using the configuration wizard has always worked for me in the past but I am just now starting to work with 4.3 and I’m not up to our clustered environments yet. Maybe in a few weeks if all goes well.

I didn’t have Crystal Reports loaded on one server, once I did everything start to work. Don’t know what that have to do with it but I made a note to include it.

Have you run across this error when opening up efashion.unx in Webi 4.3?
DSL 00000 Unknown error in Semantic Layer service: Unexpected exception while calling the SL Service

No, I haven’t gotten that far yet.

Here is what to watch for:

• Service has -fips. Remove it then things will get a whole lot faster

• The installer will place all the sample documents, universes, and Promotion manager config in the input filestore on the server (E:\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\FileStore). If you are using a file share, copy all contents from the install location to the file share. Everything will work (webi, Promotion manager, etc).

Hopefully this helps you get a bit further.