BusinessObjects Board

adapters for twitter and SAP BODS

please tel if there is any default adapter available to perform data sentiment analysis on twitter using Data services?

saphod (BOB member since 2012-07-24)

Nope there is not.

Johannes Vink :netherlands: (BOB member since 2012-03-20)

What is the exact question? How to get the Tweets read? (No, we have no out of the box adapter for that but you can write one yourself easily) Or using what rule file to process Tweets? (Yes, 4.1 does have that)

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

thanks for your response.

I have to perform data sentiment analysis on twitter using data services. I have to know whether JSON adapter is readily available kit or whether we have to write it and where we have write codes for creating adapter to extract feeds from twitter?
since i am new to this could you please explain it and also can you proivde me an example for creating adapter ?

thanks in advance

/

We will be adding such a functionality to read Twitter/JSON in the next releases.

Today you have two options I’d say:

You write an Adapter which does receive changes from Twitter in realtime and the instance you get one, it is fed into a realtime service. That would be an “Operation Adapter” type in the Adapter SDK.
http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EIM/Adapter+SDK+Tutorial

Your second option would be to build something outside DS, a small program putting tweets into a relational database, and once an hour you read that table with a DS job.

Which one would you prefer?

Werner Daehn :de: (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

what are the configurations and set up needed for creating adapter i.e operation adapter u have mentioned? and where will i create this operation adapter?

Can you tell me which twitter api’s you are using?
Have a sample, I will investigate if there is a possible way to develop a twitter adapter.
Thanks

EBIEXPERTS :switzerland: (BOB member since 2008-09-05)

Maybe you can use the JDBC driver from here
http://www.rssbus.com/jdbc/
It should give you access from webi

EBIEXPERTS :switzerland: (BOB member since 2008-09-05)

we are using a twitter search api which gives the twitter feeds in JSON format? how to parse this JSON format data to xmlformat in data services using adapter SDK? where can i download adapter SDK?

:hb:
twiiter input.zip (3.0 KB)

Hi Werner,

I have to perform sentiment analysis on 'SOCIAL_MEDIA" networks such as Twitter using Data Services 4.0?

But when I go through the release notes of 4.1 they have mentioned about social media entity type option available. Whether I would be able to do sentiment analysis on twitter without social media entity type option in BODS 4.0? :?