BusinessObjects Board

Access to the Universe Designer SDK

Hi all,

I’m new with BO SDKs and I need to use the Universe Designer SDK.
Please, do you know what are the dlls which compose this sdk ?
I can’t find anything about it on the BO website !

Your help is very appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Oliver

Oli (BOB member since 2007-11-07)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

The Designer SDK is installed automatically when Designer itself is installed. Please note that Designer itself is not a VBA “host” so you will have to use some other tool to host the code (Reporter / Desktop Intelligence, Excel, etc.). From the VB editor, go to Tools, References… and check the box next to the Business Objects Designer library.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Hi Dwayne,

Thank you a lot for your answer.

I’m now trying to use the Business Objects Designer library with the Java/COM bridge Jacob. I hope It will be ok !

Regards,

Oliver

I would like to round-trip export and import Universe metadata (object descriptions etc.) to Excel so users can edit it.

I see that from the recent conference, the Diamond site has sample code to do this in C#, but I’m looking for a VBA variant.

Has anyone done this before and is willing to share it?

dnewton :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-30)

Look in the BOB Downloads area; Dwayne posted something to do that some years back and it still works. :slight_smile:

Bob (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Ah, I didn’t realize someone posted a XI-compatible variant. Thanks, it works great!

dnewton :us: (BOB member since 2004-01-30)

Oli -

sounds like an interesting project. I looked through the Jacob MS Word example and seemed pretty staight-forward and thought it might be itneresting to see it work against Designer but haven’t gotten a chance to try – let us know how it works !

Atul Chowdhury (BOB member since 2003-07-07)

DataHog,

Jacob works great !
I had some difficulties (exceptions when calling the methods of the COM component) when using the version 1.13 and 1.14 but with the 1.12 it is ok.
I also had difficulties with the Universe Designer SDK documentation on the BO website which is very poor…

Finally, I succeeded to do a java program modifying an universe (my need is to update in mass universes).

Bye