BusinessObjects Board

A greyed out Prompt settings property in Live Office

Hi Everybody,

I’ve been long away from this forum but now I have a question about Live Office which is annoying me for 1 day.

I am taking over a Dashboard that has been created in excel using Live Office which connects to Business Objectsw 3.1 SP5.

There are several tabs in excel and we have more than 30 tabs in which the content is being refreshed using Live Office.

Alle underlying webi reports have prompts asking for dates and customernames.

What I see is that some Live Office tabs do not have Prompt settings enabled. So i cannot see them or change them. But the webi involved has prompts!
So I cannot see if the binding of the promptvalue is correctly made. From excel we do the management of choosing prompt values.

It looks like a bug for me. Anyone experience with this?
When I open a new excelsheet and open the same webi block using Live Office, the prompt is there and can be binded?
What’s the difference? :expressionless:

TurningPointHolland :netherlands: (BOB member since 2006-09-06)

HI, Me too been a while in the BOBJ. I experienced similar problems wondering if its a bug. Have asked our admin reach out to SAP.

We are using SAP BI 4.1 SP4 (latest & greatest), the Live office object from MS-Power point refresh properly if its based on an latest instance or saved webi report. However if the refresh option is set to On demand and if underlying webi/ crystal document has prompts/ parameters the Live office object doesn’t refresh, at times hangs and throws errors.

It shows several errors:

1. GetDocumentInformation exception (Error: WRE 99999)
  2. Object refrerence is not set to an instance

vaidhyee (BOB member since 2005-12-20)