BusinessObjects Board

Cyber Squatting on/next to techsupport !

:blue: http://www.techsupport.businessobject.com/

Use the link above - without the ‘s’ after businessobject(s) as in the usual url/link and you get to a site that says it’s under construction, but I see BO AND other solution links :idea:
i.e. I doubt this is a BO move :rotf:

That’s what I get for working on a public holiday and changing my caffeine routine :stuck_out_tongue:

MikeD :south_africa: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

in the same way, www.gogle.com redictets to www.google.com but www.googles.com seem to be out of subject :wink:

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

I just wonder if BO is aware of it :lol: as they do offer up similar services and even include BO in the offering list - amongst some competitor stuff hehe

MikeD :south_africa: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

It’s a common practice… get a domain that could be a common typo and fill the page up with advertisements. Especially advertisements that pay by the view rather than the click. There was an article some time back about a guy in China that’s making over $100,000 a month doing that along with buying up expired domains that had decent google or other search engine links.

You can also find folks doing something like that with different top level domains (TLD’s). For example, BOB is hosted on forumtopics.com. There is also forumtopics.net which is a site with nothing on it but advertisements.

Nowadays when I reserve a domain name I register the .com, .net, and .org TLD so that doesn’t happen to me anymore.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)