BusinessObjects Board

6.5 Supervisor USR0003 error but no login dialog

Hi all,

I am trying to access a repository that was sent to me from a client. I have restored the repository database to an in house server. I have tried the safe recovery and it generates a new .key file correctly. The problem is that after the key file is generated I get a USR0003 error. I am not shown the login dialog box at all, just the error message.

Any ideas about what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks for your help.

etriplett (BOB member since 2008-11-19)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

Have you copied the newly created .key file into the local LocData folder?

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Yes the key is in the LocData folder.

How did you proceed?
What did your customer send you? the full schema and all the tables, Excel dumps?

I recieved an Oracle export file of the full 6.5 repoistory schema. It has been imported to our in-house database and I have verified that I can connect and that the schema is complete.

Did you import it within an empty schema or did you load the data within existing tables?

Did you delete all the password (or maybe you know the password of the general supervisor?)

It was imported to an empty schema from the export file. None of the password information has changed and I have the supervisor password. Know the password doesn’t help me though since I don’t even get the dialog to enter the username and password.

Did you doublecheck the data within the restored tables like OBJ_M_ACTOR using toad for example?

Yes the tables have all the data…

Can you re-create the .key file making sure that it points to the new schema with the BO repository?

That is what I did and how I got this error. I did a safe recovery pointing to this restored repository. After that I got the USR0003 error but no login dialog.

Please go through this old topic if any of the advices there will help you to resolve the problem: