BusinessObjects Board

4.2 SP7 Installation Issues

I am installing 4.2 SP7 on new 2016 servers. After the installation is complete, when I launch the CMC I have a few issues:

1. the Actions dropdown is greyed out on all screens; for example on Servers, I cannot do anything to the servers either from Actions or from the right-click dropdown. The only option on the dropdown is New–New Server.

2. On the CMC Home Page, I am missing a number of items under Manage: Promotion Management, Version Management, BI Admin Cockpit, Visual Difference, Monitoring, Multitenancy, Crypto Keys.

Has anyone seen this happen with this installation?

I have installed, repaired, uninstalled, had the VM rebuilt, installed, repaired, uninstalled, etc.

Note: I have gotten the installation to work on 3 servers, but it does not work on 3 other servers. All the VMs are identical, and I am installing all of them from the same SAP software download, so there shouldn’t be any variables.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

soulie :us: (BOB member since 2005-03-15)

Might be an obvious answer… but is this with the Administrator account? Have you checked the security around the Administrator account to see if someone made a change there?

BOB_DW (BOB member since 2004-08-26)

Thanks for responding. It is happening with the Administrator account, but I am the only person who has access to the account: I have not even entered the password into a password safe yet, so no one is able to mess with anything.

What is the top level security for the servers (All Servers) for Administrator(s)?

Is it Full Control or CAL?

Full Control.

At this point I don’t see how I can be of any help without a screen share session and actively troubleshooting this :slight_smile: . I recommend you work with SAP support if you haven’t already done it yet.

Good Luck!

Thanks for your help. I’ve been working with SAP for a month on this and they haven’t been able to resolve it!

What is the OS?

Are all the vc++ there?

is .net framework there?

Which Browser are you accessing this on?

At the time of install, was all monitoring/security/av completely turned off?

sapaa (BOB member since 2014-02-21)