BusinessObjects Board

4.2 SP4 Named User Limit of 10

As per KBA 2474926 - Limit to the number of sessions for Named User License (NUL) in BI 4.2 SP04, named user accounts will be limited to 10 logon sessions.

If a named user has scheduled 11 reports to run at the same time, what happens to the unlucky 11th - does it fail?

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Anyone in a position to test this?

The number of logon sessions should be separate from the number of reports scheduled. After all, a user can be logged in and schedule several reports under the one logon session. Also, a user can schedule reports to run when they are not logged in.

I think in this scenario, all of the reports will run. The restriction would be how many reports your Adaptive Job Server can run at the same time.

I can’t test this because we have a Processor based license which apparently doesn’t have this restriction, according to the KBA.

Thanks for the reply. In this case the job servers would be able to run them all in one go. So then, in effect, the user would be logged on and running 11 reports - which seems to fly in the face of the KBA. I wonder if actually one of them will fail with a “Too many sessions” kind of message.

Where should this schedule Session be evaluated? - the CMC Session does not show schedule Session - so this central place is not the point of check -
I think the Limitation aims for loged on users - using the same user instead of a personal one …
their sessions are checked in the CMC…

wobi

Wolfgang Bidner :austria: (BOB member since 2002-08-30)

Yes, maybe you are right. When I find out I’ll let you know :wink:

I’m with the guys with this, controlled buy log on.

You should be able to have as many schedules running as you wish with each log on.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)