BusinessObjects Board

4.2 connection issue

Hi,
I have installed 4.2 and migrated content from XIR2. I’m struggling with connections.
In Designer and Web Intelligence Rich Client the connections work.
Trying to run a report in WebI I get this error: DBD: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application
Can anyone help please?
Thank you

That error usually means that you don’t have the appropriate ODBC DSN configured on your servers. 4.2 uses 64-bit ODBC connections for Web Intelligence although the client tools and Crystal Reports still use 32-bit ODBC connections.

Thanks John,

I thought that might be the case. I have created the odbc connection in both 32 bit and 64 bit, but when I go to create the BO connection I can only see the 32 bit one listed.

It has just occurred to me that perhaps I should call them by the same name and BO will be able to sort it out itself? Just going to try that now…

Yes, both versions of the ODBC must have the same name.

1 Like

Thank you so much. All working now.

No, not working! Looked as though it was, but if I actually run a report in Webi I get a WIS 10901 Invalid object name error.

Everything parses okay in Designer so this must still be to do with the connection.

Plenty of reasons for this:

1 Like

Yes, been working my way through those. Unfortunately none quite match the situation, but I am checking all the setup steps they suggest.

All sorted now, thank you very much for your help guys :slight_smile:

Very pleased for you. How did you resolve it in the end? It may help others.

Realised that whilst panicking about the original error and trying all combinations of drivers I had created my own mismatch - between the ODBC driver on the machine and the one in BO. Switching to the right one fixed the last of the problems.

2 Likes