BusinessObjects Board

2 users getting different data when running same report

This could be the strangest issue I’ve encountered, and, if I had not seen the screen shots, I just would not believe it.

BO Version is 6.5.1. Database version is Oracle 10g

2 users running the same report via InfoView. For User 1, it works, and returns the correct data. For user 2, the results are different. This report gets a list of new data and updated data from the database. When user 1 runs the report, as mentioned, everything is fine. When user 2 runs the reports, all data is seen as new, rather then updated.

What’s really bothering me here is that I got the username/password from user 2, and when I log in as her and run the same report, I get the correct data.

When user 2 goes to user 1’s PC and logs in as user 2 and runs the report, she still gets incorrect data.

So, it seems like it’s not a workstation issue, since it can be duplicated on another PC. It’s not a user ID issue, as others logging in as that user are not able to reproduce this issue.

I’m about ready to pull out the rest of my hair - does this ring any bells for anyone? Even though I’m not expecting it to help, I’ve requested that the user clear out IE temp files and to try again. I’ve also requested that the user run this report in full client, see what type of results she gets, and if she gets the incorrect ones, to capture the SQL from the query.

Any other ideas would be more then welcome at this point.

Thanks!

JSilverm :us: (BOB member since 2005-11-28)

Additional strangeness…

I deleted the user from supervisor who was having the problem. That fixed the problem for the user…for 1 day. The following day, the user was seeing the same problem again…

JSilverm :us: (BOB member since 2005-11-28)

Has anyone come across this problem since? The same thing has just happened with my reports.

I have seen a problem with dynamic prompts for crystal reports showing incorrect data for a user. Couldn’t figure it out so I deleted the user from our AD authentication group, ran the AD update to remove the user then added user back to the AD group and ran update again to import the user and that cleared it up for a few days but it started happening again. Then I figured that recycling the Crystal Reports cache server fixed the problem and now I do that weekly. So maybe something like that is going on but I’m not sure. I don’t see a webi cache server but maybe you try recycling the webi servers.