BusinessObjects Board

18x18 icons

There is a row of icons at the bottom of the signature line and they are all 18px tall. The default phpBB icons have an element in the icon that stands taller than the main button and is supported by transparency above the button.

Twitter and LinkedIn also have small icons that are 18px x 18px, but the image is centered in a block of transparency.

I know it’s my own OCD :crazy_face:, but it bugs me that the small buttons do not line up with the wide buttons. See →

I’ll do the work :yesnod: if there is an interest in ‘fixing’ this.

kbrazell :us: (BOB member since 2003-08-19)

Kyle, if you go to “Beta Bob” all of the icons have been replaced by 16x16 icons, no text. The update is pending… but we have a server move coming up first.

Details here:

http://www.forumtopics.com/bobbeta/viewtopic.php?t=23

But you’ll have to create an account and log in to see the actual icons as they’re hidden for guest users.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Looks good :yesnod: . I’ve been there before and it either shares member DB with main BOB or it remembers me. So I made a new ID, “foo”.

The icons look good. Missing alt text on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook versions.

Not as many emotes. This one particularly is needed often. :hb:

I’ll make sure the alt text is present, thanks for catching that. If you don’t mind (and if you haven’t already) please post that suggestion in the topic on Beta BOB so it doesn’t get lost.

The smilies are not consistent between the two sites as they’re maintained in the database, not in the code. So when the new code is migrated to “production” the existing smilies will still be in place. Including your favorite. :hb:

Posted
http://www.forumtopics.com/bobbeta/viewtopic.php?p=907079#907079
I hope this is where you meant.

While I’m finding random specks instead of solving my plank of a SQL issue…

There is text in the bottom right hand part of the browser window.

Hosted by ForumTopics.com  | Terms of Service
  phpBB Customizations by the phpBBDoctor.com
        Shameless plug for MomentsOfLight.com 

If you are in Chrome and you may the window narrow it gracefully collapses and then hits a minimum width and the horizontal scroll bar appears.

If you’re in IE and narrow the window, that top line of text wraps almost immediatley

Hosted by ForumTopics.com  | Terms of
                              Service
          phpBB Customizations by the
                      phpBBDoctor.com
Shameless plug for MomentsOfLight.com 

Had to use the code tag to preserve the leading spaces. the wrapped text becomes right aligned. In IE 8 you have to make the window VERY wide in order for the second line not to wrap at all. They NEVER wrap in Chrome (which I suspect was the intent)

Question about the bump warning I see while editing this post (this stitch?). Does an edit reset the flag that a thread has been changed in the same way that an additional post does? Many times (on several forums) I’ve seen a single post with the text “bump” with the intent to bring a thread back to public awareness. It seems to me that for technical forums where there is valid reason to bring something up again that a simple “Bump” button that just changes the posting date would be handy.
Social forums on the other hand go nuts when you respond to an old post and they shout at you vigorously for “necrotizing a thread”. (I think they feel threatened when the past returns to them.)

If the topic has moved off of the front page, a “bump” can bring it back, but bump should not be done for 48 hours. An edit does not trigger the “new post” handling, but it’s really intended for when someone enters their post and then ten minutes later comes back and adds more information in a second post. We would rather see it all captured in a single post.

IE sucks. :stuck_out_tongue: I have learned to give up trying to make things work the way they should for IE when it’s so brain dead and other browsers work. If it was a core part of the site we might fix it, but for the footer probably won’t worry about it unless it’s functional in nature.

Agreed. And agreed on when to spend effort fixing something.

Here is a sad chart

Another sad chart

:shock:

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)