BusinessObjects Board

Wish list for new release of BusObjects & Webi

I don’t blame them! BQ is very quirky and is now more expensive than Reporter (don’t know why. . .).

KSG :us: (BOB member since 2002-07-17)

Actually, it isn’t more expensive at all. Don’t forget, you can’t buy Reporter without owning Infoview.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

But you can buy Infoview and Reporter, but choose not to buy BusinessQuery, which is what I was saying we don’t have…

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)

As well as what all the other posts say…
Alot of clients I’ve been to (who go on to use Designer themselves) :roll_eyes: seem to notice that the Designer screen doesn’t have the ability to utilise colour to make the layout easier to read if there are lots of tables and joins… So that would be my first on a WishList 8)

::Rich:H :uk: (BOB member since 2002-09-11)

My wish is to have Adobe Acrobat open with a page only option instead of page and bookmarks option when I send it a report from business objects.

Thanks
Lori

bachman :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-24)

Your wish is my command…

Check out the Knowledge Base…Resolution Entry 11060. The resolution involves making a modification to the BusinessObjects repository – which we all know is unsupported!

Eileen King :us: (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

You guyes are great!

Thanks

bachman :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-24)

Another item that I don’t know if someone else already said:

:arrow_forward: Supervisor – Properties for a product module – rather than just see “Inherit”, it would be nice if the properties showed whether “Enabled” or “Disabled” is what is being inherited – perhaps with the colored green or orange icon. It’s a pain to go back up to a parent to see what value the child is inheriting.

Similarly, the ability to use VBA functions (accepting parameters, doing a custom calculation, and returning an answer) in formulas. These functions would show up in a Custom Functions or User Functions category in the Formula Editor.

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

:reallymad: In Designer printing out to a PDF or Word file format rather than ASC.

:confused: In Designer when selecting the Contexts the links (colours) are not always visible. At least can we just change it to RED.

:o Prompting using Cascading List of values not to overwrite previous LOV window but allow cascade.

Hierarchical /Cascading List of Values appear the same in desktop and webi.

djorgensen (BOB member since 2002-10-17)

I went to a Track Class today on sending it out to XML…You can probably find the presentation on the Business Objects website. It’s called Putting Your Metadata Word with the Designer SDK.

What are you really trying to do? You can start a new topic in Designer if you want… :mrgreen:

Eileen King :us: (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

One from the conference…

wouldn’t it be nice if you could select multiple documents/universes to enable/disable…link/unlink in the Stuporvisor module :yesnod:

Cindy Clayton :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-11)

Hehe, intentional typo? :lol:

Paul.

Paul Williams :uk: (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

… or a Freudian slip?

And another …
:arrow_forward: Create a Join/Link on a derived variable under “DATA | VIEW DATA | Definition (tab)” … (right now you can only join on a data provider variable directly)

Chris Pohl :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-18)

See “Change user name” thread for more details.

Add this to wish list : Things WEBi should handle automatically without additional admin intervention :cuss:

Maybe, one could write a trigger against the BO security DB whenever a user name is changed to copy the files to the new folder in WEBi?

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

At the government forum at the conference I suggested the following enhancements for Designer:

1. Provide a way to sort the list of joins when list mode is turned on. Currently the joins are listed in the order in which they were added to the universe. Makes it really difficult to find them in the list. You basically have to scroll through them all and hope you spot the one you want. I’d love to be able to sort them alphabetically.

2. When you click on a class or object, highlight automatically the table it’s from in the universe model.

They seemed to be paying attention. We’ll see.

Debbie Kelly :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

How about a facility to turn off automatic calculation in a report - like in Excel where you can change it to manual calculation. That would make it a lot easier to get around reports that have a lot of formulae etc.

Doreen Stevenson (BOB member since 2002-09-09)

You could always switch to menu View| Structure…would that help?

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Not if its a report that we are putting out to our admin managers and senior executives. It’s not too big an issue for us since we have been pretty good about using variables rather than formulae (thanks Dave :smiley: ) and we don’t have too many complex reports but sometimes it comes up and from what I have been reading on the list I gather it’s an issue for others as well.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Doreen Stevenson (BOB member since 2002-09-09)