BusinessObjects Board

ZABO 654 cannot be upgraded to same patch level as server

Some users (with Administrator access to their PCs) are not able to install ZABO/3TBO, getting the error message “The Business Objects version installed on your computer cannot be upgraded to the same patch level as the server”. Previous cases imply that this was supposedly fixed in SP3, but we are using SP4 (CHF68) on Solaris.

NB So far all of the affected users have Spanish set up as the language, locale etc on their PCs. I am not able to replicate this error on my PC (default=English).

Has anybody encountered this as a language-specific issue, or successfully resolved it? Maybe the language is irrelevant and there is something else that causes this?

Thanks

Matt

msmit207 (BOB member since 2003-03-04)

This message might be of a general kind, i.e. not necessarily related to the locale. However, in order to sort it out you might try to run such update having the RegMon utility working. You can get it for free from microsoft (Google regmon).
It helps you understand what’s going on during your setup, as ZABO setup needs to write both on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER.

CLS69 :it: (BOB member since 2009-06-11)