BusinessObjects Board

YTD Calculation Variable

Hi - I am trying to create a variable to help adding months to use in formulas to calculate YTD numbers. Here’s what I want to do:

If (=“01”) Then “01” Else if(=“02” Then (“01”,“02”) Else if (=“03” Then (“01”,“02”,“03”) etc…

However it doesn’t seem to work. Is there a way to get this working or a different solution anyone else came up with?

Appreciate any help. Thanks and a great week for everyone!

BOaddictNYC (BOB member since 2003-07-11)

Will be good to have more details of your case.
Are you sure you need a variable for that purpose?
If you need to show YTD calculation, have you tried RunningSum function?
:slight_smile:

luis

lchavez :peru: (BOB member since 2005-07-21)

I could use a runningsum function but how would you have it added up to a specific month. for example I’d want it to add up January, February,March, April and May if we’re in May.

If you need to show all the months in the report, with their correspondant YTD, you can use RunningSum. Otherwise, if you are showing information for a single month (with its correspondant YTD) you can use a Filter Object defined at universe level that brings you the acumulated data.
Which of these scenarios apply to you?

luis

lchavez :peru: (BOB member since 2005-07-21)

I don’t follow you.

I have two years of information in my recordset. 2006 goes from January to December. 2007 goes to October. I need to do a YTD comparison for 07 vs. 06. How would you get the report to add up to October? I can’t use filter as I need the full year information for 2006 elsewhere on the report. And adding a where clause to select months from January to October is not practical since there are tons of formulas I am using.

I was able to find the solution at the following link.

Thanks