BusinessObjects Board

Yet again single repo issue

Even before, I stepped into the present environment,’ Mr M’ created the repository. He took the default route which is given by Business Objects
(single repo three domains.).

But I with my previous experience of working as a designer and of course with a lot of help from BOB :mrgreen: showed him the disadvantages of accepting the default repository structure.

assuming that it is not possible for me to recreate a customized repository,
I now plan to add
2 universe domains tied up with 2 document domains
so that organization gets better. Is this all I could do or could you guys suggest me what else could be done.

Manasi (BOB member since 2004-12-17)

The initial choices can be effectively reversed, I would think. Go ahead and create the two new sets of domains. Migrate the users, universes, documents, etc. to the new domains. You can then disable the original universe and document domains. Disabling is “safe” because you can easily re-enable if needed. After a reasonable period of time, you can delete the domains permanently (remove the definition in the repository, delete the actual tables, etc.).

Dwayne Hoffpauir :us: (BOB member since 2002-09-19)

Thanks Dwayne

By the way the email id of your’s on BOB still the same?

What is the reason for the question? If you are talking about the process to submit items to BOB’s Downloads, the process is unchanged.

I needed a head start with my VBA knowledge and as an undisputed VBA guru on BOB :mrgreen: I needed some input from you?

Was too embarrased to ask some basiccc stuff on BOB :mrgreen:

Like many, my individual email address is at the bottom of every one of my posts. Please remember though, that everyone’s time here is volunteer, and I personally prefer keeping “BOB stuff” on BOB. Besides, you shouldn’t worry about asking basic questions. The only time that is an issue is if it’s a question that is easily answered by a search on previous posts. Otherwise, ask away!

In fact, you may find that if you send a “personal question” email to a participant on BOB, that s/he might reply and ask you to post the question for all to share, any way. :wink:

And, it violates our Rules and Guidelines – it’s regarded as SPAM – see our entry “what if I email instead of posting on the forum?”.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)