BusinessObjects Board

XIR3 SECURITY MODEL

Hi i am new to this community.Hope i get help and i will the best i can :slight_smile:

My client was using 6.5 and migrating to xi-r3.1 .My job was to develop a security model from scratch.I would like to get advices/suggestions and information that would be helpful for me to do my best or my client.where should and i start?

Help would be much appreciated.

cheers

Keerth007 :uk: (BOB member since 2009-03-21)

My suggestion is you start with Security for Mere Mortals. That highlights some core concepts.
Search on BOB for that document.

Good Luck.

regards,
Jhyaikuti

jhyaikuti (BOB member since 2009-07-29)

That document is quite a good starting point. I’d recommend building a sandbox system to get to grips with the security model as well, and reading the Xi 3.1 Administrator’s Guide as well.

cashworth (BOB member since 2005-02-09)

Good luck !

I suggest you also to be trained regarding this if you can. it is not a wast of time and money !

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

thanks jhyaikuti and cash worth for ur info and support

@bernard timbal

thanx and what do i need to get trained on and how can i do that?

have a look here :

http://www.sap.com/services/education/catalog/businessobjectstraining/administration/index.epx

thank you so much…this training will definetely b very helpful to me.May i know ahou much does it aproximately cost me for premium access to do elearning.

Thanx in advance

I don’t know but it is expensive. (In BusinessObjects, the word “Business” is at the beginning ;-))

Thanx 4 ur reply

the word “Business” is at the beginning (gud one) :slight_smile:

I would prefer the instructor led courses over e-learning whenever one can. Instructor-led courses run around 500 EUR per person a day I would guess.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

hmm thanx andreas…where can i find one in UK

Moderator Note: Please do not use Instant Message abbreviations on BOB. We want to keep BOB easy to understand for our International community. Thanks.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

Contact your BO rep, they’ll be able to point you in the right direction.

I’ve always done all my training courses at BO’s HQ in Maidenhead.

cashworth (BOB member since 2005-02-09)

Also i am a contractor and i might leave once project completed.I was just wondering ,would you think people can maintain CMC in xi-r3 on their own later on OR I should suggest them for buying a licence for a 3rd party tool like 360 view which makes their life easier?

They can doublecheck what a third party tool can offer them. I think it’s part of consulting job to propose valuable workarounds…

You can download Admin guide From Here , read from page no.699 and click to download on Mere Mortals

Arjun (BOB member since 2008-07-28)