BusinessObjects Board

XI 3.1 Variable Bug Or Me ?

I have two data providers the each have one common dimension and a measure they data is at the same grain. I have merged the dp on the commom dimension.

I want the variable to display a Y if the measure on dp 1 doesn’t match the measure on dp 2 per stoccode. The variable is as follows and works,

=If([A].[Stoccode]=[B].[Stocode] And [A].[Amount] = [B].[Amount]; “N”;“Y”) ForEach ([A].[Stoccode])

The problem is when I try to filter on the variable at the report level, as soon as I add the block filter Webi errors with the following msg,

‘Unable to get first page of the current report - Webi will switch to structure view (WIJ20003)’ , click on detail and it shows ‘Stack trace:
java.lang.RuntimeException: Empty result’

Not sure if this is a bug or me the error looks more bug than syntax, as even if I remove the filter it wont correct itself and I have to close and reopen the report, or is it the case you can’t do an IF /ELSE on across two dataproviders then filter ?

Rich :uk: (BOB member since 2002-10-04)

I managed to resolve this in the end by changing the variable to a measure and using 1, 2 rather than Y, N

Rich :uk: (BOB member since 2002-10-04)

Hi Rich,

Please can you tell me what are the differences between XI R2 XI 3.0

Thank you,
Raveendra.

ravek (BOB member since 2006-08-03)

Raveendra.
There is a 3.x sticky under the XI Servers Discussion located here: https://bobj-board.org/t/113710

Thanks,
John

jsanzone :us: (BOB member since 2006-09-12)

Hey jsanzone,

Thanks a lot and Happy New year

Raveendra.

ravek (BOB member since 2006-08-03)