BusinessObjects Board

XI 3.1 Installation Urgent

Hi,

I have BO XIR2 on my present system (Windows). I would like to uninstall it and perform a new installation of XI 3.1. I see so many links under XI3.1. What is the latest XI3.1 software to download for the complete installation of XI3.1 and can u send me the link so that I can download with my username and pwd.

Do I need to install BOE XI 3.1 Fix Pack 2.8 (Server + client) directly or is there any other thing which I need to install prior to this?

Thanks.

rajivn786 (BOB member since 2010-02-08)

I am new to xir2 installation. I needs the basics things to understand before going for installation. can you provide me what areas and things to look into before taking part in installation . I am doing this for gaining my experience. i need suggestions but not the procedural steps in performiing as i would not be the one to handle this at client plc. what are different areas to analysis in work environment. The installation might or might not be in SAP. But still I believe the background to start would be the same.
this is for my learning purpose. I need the overall idea how the installation are done. thanks

pavani4 (BOB member since 2010-06-15)

The BO XI 3.1 software is Complete itself. :lol: Complete with some bugs :wink: …so you need to install Fixpacks/Service Packs in order to address the issues/bugs which are identified after the release of major product.

I hope this link will help you in finding the download area. There would be different areas for downloading the major products and SP/FP’s.

Currently, SP3 is the latest Service Pack released till date. And FP2.8 is the latestet Fixpack.

So I would suggest installing SP3 on top of XI 3.1 to be on latest (Complete) patch level. :wave:

nicholas (BOB member since 2008-07-31)

If you have 3.1 installed already. But if this is a brand new 3.1 install you can just install 3.1 SP3.

icotler :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-19)