BusinessObjects Board

WID Scanner

I couldn’t download the new version of the WID Scanner from rapidshare. It’s on surf control blocked list.

cb2SD (BOB member since 2006-08-17)

Hi,

Can somebody please add the new version of WID Scanner on BOB, because I cannot download as the site is blocked by my company.

Regards.

Arafiq

arafiq (BOB member since 2006-04-12)

On version 1.1, I am getting the following error.

“Error occurred while attempting to reconnect to CMS : Transport error: Communication failure.”

arafiq (BOB member since 2006-04-12)

Hi Kevin,

Try this.

Change the retrieve sub like this :

errormsg:

If Err = -2147210697 Then
    'property not filled or not exists
    Resume Next
Else 'add this line
    Resume Next  'add this line
End If

You can chnage the else line with file not found error to catch other errors.

bozgul (BOB member since 2006-11-06)

Hello,

I ear that version 1.2 of wid scanner is released? I’m rigth?

Does anybody where I can download new version? maybe somebody can mail me new release?

Thanks in advanced. :lol:

albertmoreno (BOB member since 2006-01-05)

Sorry!!! I found it at rapidshare… :oops:

Hi , I obtained to install grep however when I run the macro it recoups the data of the table wid_document_objects in a different format of the UTF-8. How I can decide this?

fabiogm10 (BOB member since 2008-07-14)

Hi,

I do not have grep in the system, rather I modified the code with “find” instead of “grep -a” and it is working fine for me. I could able to see the objects listed, but the results is not showing the pre-defined conditions. When I scanned the wid file, I could see with Pre-defined condition id.

1. Is there any query where we get the condition name for that condition id from the universe.

2. When I scanned the wid file, it is not listing the variables used in the report. So, where the variables will be defined and how BO shows the variable name and the formula when we open the report.

Could you do the needful.

Thanks,
Shyam.

vsshyam :india: (BOB member since 2003-11-11)

Hi,

I am getting result for an query however used universe name in related report is not correct and some of reports doesnt have used universe name.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

BOpat :us: (BOB member since 2006-11-09)

Thanks … excellent tool :mrgreen:

I too was getting the “File Not Found” error. Fixed it thus:

Replace:
sDBCS = "%comspec% /c " + "grep -a " + Chr(34) + "<Name>" + Chr(34) + Space(1) + Chr(34) + cFileStorePath + sFilePath + sFileName + Chr(34) + " > " + Chr(34) + cFL_Path + cTempObjects + Chr(34)

with:
sDBCS = "%comspec% /c " + "grep -a " + Chr(34) + "<Name>" + Chr(34) + Space(1) + Chr(34) + cFileStorePath + "\" + sFilePath + sFileName + Chr(34) + " > " + Chr(34) + cFL_Path + cTempObjects + Chr(34)

I also added someone’s suggestion on the “Resume Next” to skip files that it doesn’t have permission to, or can’t find.

And, I’ve also extended it (for my own purposes) to generate a DB table to list charts in each WID document (although as yet, I haven’t tested the validity of the output - looks ok on first pass though).

May well get the chance to extend this further too :smiley:

Peter Hughes :uk: (BOB member since 2005-11-21)

Hello jbo,

Great tool. :smiley:
This is what I was looking for. :lol:

Thanks,
Harry

H.Tellegen :netherlands: (BOB member since 2008-09-10)

Hello,

WID scanner is a great tool!!! very usefull.

But, I have a problem…the result doesn’t show the filesize ¿? is zero for all webi documents…need help…what i’m doing wrong? I have grep command installed and set in PATH variable.

Can anyone help about this?

Regards.

Hi,

Are you getting any output at all?
What format of output are you using (or having the problem with)?

I’ve checked my last run of the tool and both the tab_delimited_content (text files) and the mdb database table (wid_documents) both have the filesize listed. I’ve checked the filesize compared to the operating system filesize and it is consistent (we are on windows platform).

Pete

Hi Peter,

Yes, the output is correct.

The tab_delimited_content and mdb file have all the information about wid files and their instances, but the column “filesize” allways shows 0 in both files. I’m in windows 2003 platform too.

Any ideas?

Hello,

I think that I found my ERROR. I put a wrong filestore patch in the report…glupsss!!! sorry…I’ll retest and come back with result.

I apologize.

Hi,

I was just going to suggest you check that :rotf: … ok maybe I wasn’t, but I was just about to start checking through the code myself.

Hope you got it working now though :wink:

Pete

Wowwwwww…it works perfect now!!!

Regards guys.

I am trying to configure this scanner and getting the following error message. “Automation Error One or more arguments are invalid.”

Does anyone know how to resolve?

earngreen (BOB member since 2007-01-31)

Hello guys!!!

It works but I’m hitting a strange error…when I launch wid scanner (without instances), when it has processed 3944 reports appears an error:

“Syntax error in SynchroManager_ Data”

Then WID Scanner stops and doesn’t continue.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advanced.

It seems as though I am having a problem with this line of the code.

Set ceSessionManager = CreateObject(“CrystalEnterprise.SessionMgr”)

Does anyone know which dll’s are used for this application?

earngreen (BOB member since 2007-01-31)