BusinessObjects Board

WHERE operator

Hi,

On BO 6.5, SP2, deskI edition, I’m facing the following challenge, and I’m hoping someone will be able to help me out.

We need to count the number of occurrences of variables that meet one specific condition, but not 1 specific other.

I’ve created a new measure for this, and my idea was to set it up in the following manner:

=(Count() Where ( = “Complete”) And ( <> “Incomplete”))

However, that throws a syntax error. When looking in the formula builder, the error is at the “<>” bit. One can see the possible operators and functions usable within the formula builder, and when I reach the bit after , the only operator I see is the ‘=’ operator.

I have also tried using an inlist function, to basically include everything except for missing (which would mean every time a new status is added, I’d have to redo the formula, but oh well), but to no avail. I tried shuffling with parenthesis as well, but it just seems that the only operator within the WHERE operator BO accepts is the “=”.

Does anyone have a way make this work, preferably without ending up in a numerous line formula? This seems ridiculously simple, but so far I have not succesfully managed to make it work.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

SchmitzP (BOB member since 2007-09-17)

[Moderator Note: Moving to Desk-I - Jansi]

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

How about creating an ‘If’ object that returns either 1 or 0

So you would have an object like this:

[Status Check] = If( = “Incomplete”) Then 1 Else 0

and then using your original object

=(Count() Where ( = “Complete”) And ( = 0))

Fishbone :uk: (BOB member since 2007-06-27)

Hi, we have a FAQ entry that discusses how to solve this. :slight_smile:

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Thanks guys. That might be exactly what I was hoping for.

I will give it a test today. Somehow it makes sense, though I would have prefered doing this in a single formula.

Thanks again :smiley:

SchmitzP (BOB member since 2007-09-17)