BusinessObjects Board

Where operator question

Hi All,

At the moment, I create a varaible in the Webi with “where” operator, but it does not work at all unless I contain the where objects in the block as well.

Would you tell me whether the “where” operator is dismissed in the Webi report from Webi XI release like full client report?

fatball :cn: (BOB member since 2004-06-27)

No… Where is not at all dismissed in Web-I, but it has some limitations. If you could tell what your problem exactly is, you may get suitable answers.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

Jansi,

Thanks for your answer so fast.

I try to use the where clause by the objects1 like [Measuer] where ([object1] = ‘AAA’). I find if the object1 is not in the webi report, the where operator doest not work unless I must pull the object1 in my report.

Is that the limiation of the where clause in the webi report side?

:nonod: I am able to retrieve the measure value when my dimension is not dragged into the report. Does not work in the sense? Did you get any error or something like that?

:shock:

Would you tell me what limitation you mention just now on the where operator?

I am not getting anything right now, especially in Web-I. But in Desktop, there are some limitations to mention here. One such is seen in FAQ of BOB and another one is at here

Where in Desk-I will allow only constants to be compared with and it wont allow functions to be used inside ( )

I’ll let you know if I get anything in Web-I.

Use “If” you will find it much easier…

Sum(If([Object1]="AAA";[Measure]))

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

I’m having same problem:-

I tried: =Sum(If([Territory]=“AZ”;[Daily Totals]))
but this gave me multivalue.

Iam getting the same problem with the where operator, if I join the Territory dimension to my object then i get the right results, if I take it out then the results aren’t right.

Any Suggesions?

AsadR (BOB member since 2008-10-03)