BusinessObjects Board

Where does BCA database store report parameters?

Please help. I am trying to find in the BCA database where the input parameters for reports are stored. For example, when we set the report up in the BCA, we may enter a Division on one report, a Division and Salesrep on a different report, and so forth. I thought perhaps it was DS_JOB_PENDING.JOB_DATA, but that turned out to be password related. We manually enter them in DS_JOB_PENDING.JOB_DESC, but whenever you manually enter data you run the risk of human error. Does anyone know where this information is stored?
Thank you in advance for your kind reply.

bo_princess (BOB member since 2006-07-25)

Moved to BCA forum. This information is stored within the report itself, not in the DS_PENDING_JOB table.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

So to clarify, it resides in the individual Document files and nowhere on the database tables?
Thank you for your help.

Nick, that doesn’t sound right. Are you sure?

dirmiger :us: (BOB member since 2002-08-28)

No absolutely not :oops: I must stop making blanket statements. I haven’t got access to a system to check at the moment. I did notice that the 6.5.1 repos doc states that JOB_DATA…

I’m just not sure now…if you refresh a document, fill in the prompts then send it to Corp Docs when you retrieve it and refresh it again the prompts come up with the values you put in last time don’t they? I guess I was thinking BCA is a bit like this…

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Now I am sorely confused. I had looked at the JOB_DATA field and read the same thing. Thus, dismissed it as an encrypted password. I don’t have access to a BCA manual … nor do I recall it being extremely detailed … does the BCA store a copy of the report in it’s own repository. If yes (which I think) then it does stand to reason that it would save the input parameters within the report itself.
Thanks for all your help and knowledge. This is a great place to be! :smiley:

Hi,

Nick’s thought is good.

Have a look to this tool you will find out all readable informations stored in the repo concerning BCA jobs.

Exactly is stored a snapshot of the document when you send it. So if it’s a corporate document if you change the corporate document you won’t change the scheduled document. (true now under Xir2)

Finally have a look to this post to retrieve the document you sent to the BCA to know the parameter you put when you schedule it.

Regards