BusinessObjects Board

What is the proper way to search this site?

The search doesn’t seem to work well at all and I hope it is just how I am using it.

1. When I search for common things I get nothing back.
    e.g. in the crystal XI forum I wanted to know how to make a crystal report work off of a universe so I searched on “universe”. It returned 0 yet I can see subject lines with universe in the title. Whats up?

2. if I click back after doing a search and enter a different search…nothing happens. Nothing, no search takes place.
    The only way I can get it to work is to navigate to the forum by the index, then do another search. That works. Whats up?

EricE (BOB member since 2008-03-26)

Hi Eric,

Please read this post:

You may find it useful.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Thanks much. Digesting now.

As far as I know, you are the first person to report this issue. Has anyone else encountered (or can recreate) a similar behavior?

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

I just tried the “Search About BOB” forum box (it wasn’t clear if he was searching “this forum” or using the more generalized search).

I tried entering Universe, and found no topics (of course). I then went back, and tried another search within this forum, using keyword navigate – and it worked as expected.

So, EricE – which Search were you using? And it might be helpful to Dave to know what browser you were using. Also, what URL did you initially enter for getting to this site? It should be http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj (or http://busobj.forumtopics.com, which redirects to the former URL) – because the “www” in the address matters when it comes to the cookie that is created for your session.

Bobarella (BOB member since 2004-02-12)

It was search this forum and I can still reproduce it.
Search for something, click the back button, change the search words and click go (Next to search). Nothing happens.
Brower is firefox.

How are you starting your search? From the main search page (with lots of options) or one of the search this forum / search this topic choices?

[Edit - Never mind, reread your post.]

When I click “back” the search options are not displayed, and I have to click the link to display them again. In that mode it works fine. I will test with Firefox when I can later on.

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)