BusinessObjects Board

What is the Business Objects repository?

thanks for the report.

Now , i see the problem. Our intelligent designers mised out the where clause. Moreover, joining those two objects into one object is also not possible.

Now, I would like to get some more information as well.

I am really confused as to what is meant bu Business Objects Repository.

We have a sSecurity domain which lies on one server and a document Domainand Universe domain which lie on other.

Now which one should I consider as my BO Repository?

vikram_new (BOB member since 2004-10-04)

A repository is a centeralized set of data structures stored on the DB. It allows BO users to access and distribute universes and reports.

A repository has three domains…
Security Domain
Universe Domain
Document Domain

So a particular can have only one Security Domain but multiple Document/Universe Domains…

The help BO provides with its product is pretty good … you might want to start there!!

Prateek Shah :india: (BOB member since 2005-07-24)

Question deals with the repository, therefore split from original thread and moved to the Supervisor forum. Thank you.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Hi Prateek,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Now What confuses me here is, as you said, a repository is a combination Security Domain, Document Domain, Universe Domain.

Now if my, Scurity Dman, Universe Domain and Document Domain le on 3 different servers, say a,b,c respectively. Then on which server can i say has my BO Repository? Is it a, b or c?

Sounds ridiculous, but i am truly confused.

Please help me.

Then your Business Objects repository is a distributed repository, which resides on three different servers.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Just to add to Andreas …
The whole point of a distributed repository is that you can distribute your docs and universes across different servers/schemas…

The general practice is to have 1 repository – which would include 1 security domain and multiple universe/document domains which would pertain to the Dev, QA and Prod environment… instead of having 3 different repositories – one for each of these environments…

One more Question.

Is any data related to Document Domain and Security Domain stored in the Security Domain.

For example, are the connection details for document domain and universe domain stored in securitydomain?

Yes!! Information about the document and universe domain are held in the security domain… There exists a pdf about the tables in a repository and what each table consist of!! That would be a starting point!!

Repository Reference

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)