BusinessObjects Board

What is Optional Parameter?

Hi All

What is mean by optional Parameter?

Where should find this optional parameter in BO Xi r2?

Sasa :india: (BOB member since 2006-04-05)

Optional prompts/parameters are ones for which a User may or may not provide values - its optional.
In BO XI R2, there is no straight forward way that you could create optional prompts. Check the Designer FAQ(https://bobj-board.org/t/15227) and also search this forum for more details on this.

Optional prompts are available as a feature in BO 3.x, but I have not worked on them so I dont know how they are.

nithya_raj (BOB member since 2007-02-03)

As already suggested, including ‘ALL’ in the LOV is the only way to have a prompt as optional in the versions prior to Web-I XI 3.x.

In the version Web-I XI 3.x, you can set the property of the prompt created at the query level as optional. It can’t be done for the prompts created in the universe as of now.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

I’ve found that if you set up a filter in Designer where the where clause uses the same syntax, eg:

EDW.PR_APPL.PR_APPL_LOCATION In @prompt('Enter value(s) for Location:','A','Product Application\Location',Multi,Free,Persistent,,User:0)

it won’t parse in designer but you can save, export and it works just fine in WebI / Rich Client

Haven’t tried in DESKI as we don’t use it.

Nniixx :australia: (BOB member since 2009-09-02)