BusinessObjects Board

What is best practice for setting Preferences?

I’m new to BO and working with BOXI R2 SP2 on Linux. I want to keep the minimum Preferences setting globally, but realize that clients will want these Preference setting on the group or user level. InfoView and Web Intelligence Preferences are target of my questions. What are some guidelines regarding setting Preferences that I need to consider? Are there any best practices that any admin can share? If Preferences are set at the object level, how do you keep track in BOE?

yomewyn (BOB member since 2010-11-08)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

There is no way to set the preferences globally.Each user will set their own.

MichaelWelter :vatican_city: (BOB member since 2002-08-08)

Hi,

I think its possible. I’ve changed InfoView Preferences for all the users as of the Administrator using a VBA script. Please check this topic:

I used it to set a Dashboard as the Default Landing page in InfoView, all I had to do is set the dashboard as default landing page for Administrator and then run this script to copy the Admin’s preferences to all the Users.

Let me know if this helps.

M H Mohammed :us: (BOB member since 2010-06-16)

Welcome to B :mrgreen: B!

You might want to try this suggestion in Bob’s downloads instead as VB scripts won’t work in your Linux environment. I have not tried the solution suggested yet but planning to do so in about a month.

Hope this helps,

Mitra Moini (BOB member since 2002-09-01)

For your information it will possible a standard feature of the BI4 CMC …