BusinessObjects Board

What are 'user objects'?

Hi

On the query panel there is a button which says ‘User Objects’. When I press this nothing happens (presumably a setting in Supervisor) so it’s difficult to what you can or can’t do in there. I’ve never used it before and was wondering what it does exactly (though I’m sure I could have a reasonable guess). I did a search for ‘user objects’ but unbelievably the search returned nothing. Does anybody have any good relevant information.

Ultimately I’m looking for a way to return the first record (eg use the min function) of a query and use this as a subquery in a filter.

Any ideas other than creating an object in the universe?

Thanks
Col.

Colin.Counsell :uk: (BOB member since 2007-09-04)

Hi Col,

The user objects mean “personal objects for users”… Users can create their own objects (re-usable)…

this is my bloodie frenchie explanations :wink:

cheers

kenny :fr: (BOB member since 2007-01-02)

[quote:1e955611a5=“Colin.Counsell”]On the query panel there is a button which says ‘User Objects’. When I press this nothing happens (presumably a setting in Supervisor)
[/quote]

That’s probably covered in this faq entry.

“user” and “object” are both seach stop words, meaning they are not indexed because they are too common.

If you are working in Deski, then there is a calculation wizard as a condition that might do what you’re trying to do. Are you familiar with it?

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Thanks, Dave

The FAQ told me to delete the UBO file which I did and I was then able to create user defined objects. This seems to give me what I want.

Cheers
Colin

Colin.Counsell :uk: (BOB member since 2007-09-04)