BusinessObjects Board

What are the ways For the Multilingual and MultiCurrency ?

Is there any approach for Multilingual and multicurrency in WebI Report?

I have an requiremnet like user want to see the report in different Languages based on his region and also the sales or Profits in different currency.

The Preference settings In Infoview will change the UI only, not the Report label or report data.

Can some one suggest the posssible approaches on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Pavan[/b]

pavan024 (BOB member since 2006-09-19)

Hi,
First of all it is mandatory that multilingual values are available in the database. We are having some similar requirement where end user is interested to view certain line items in multilingual fashion.
We create language table in the universe which hold multilingual values and offer a prompt to the user to select language.
On the same line you can establish link between Multilingual and multicurrency at universe level.
Please let me know if you need more details.

Regards
Milind Baviskar

milind.baviskar :india: (BOB member since 2005-11-11)

[quote:2214c61c00=“milind.baviskar”]Hi,
First of all it is mandatory that multilingual values are available in the database. We are having some similar requirement where end user is interested to view certain line items in multilingual fashion.
We create language table in the universe which hold multilingual values and offer a prompt to the user to select language.
On the same line you can establish link between Multilingual and multicurrency at universe level.
Please let me know if you need more details.

Regards
Milind Baviskar
[/quote]

Hi milind.baviskar,

I am in same position, I want to know more details in Multi-Language.

We creating one report that report is globalize. So we want to change into local language, we donÂ’t know now it isÂ… :hb:

If you have idea about that then please explain to us….I need your help… If you have any document please send to me…

mmasilamani :india: (BOB member since 2007-03-13)

Hi,
Is your database contains multi-lingual information that you want to display on report. If yes then it easy job to display it on report.

Moreover you want to display only report in multi-lingual or prompts also.

Regards
Milind Baviskar

milind.baviskar :india: (BOB member since 2005-11-11)

If it’s just two maybe three languages, then you could use an alerter and change the contents of the header depending on the language.
Currencies however are data and therefore belong in a database unless you would want to make a daily job of changing the currencies by hand.

Using the alerter for the header:
First create an extra variable named @Language (I always put an @ in front of a calculated variable to distinguish them from real data) based on =Get_Locale() (maybe just the first part of the result).
Now you can create an alerter with a subalerter for each language. In the Format-window you specify the text in the different languages.
You will need an alerter for each header.
This is only practical on small scale like for countries with 2 languages e.g. Canada or Belgium.

This formatting can also be used for any type of conversions between centimeters and inches etc. as those conversions have a fixed “currency”.

marc.de.vries :netherlands: (BOB member since 2007-01-30)

Hi All.

I have a question.

The objective of my universe is translate the data of each tables. Then i create a fact, a dimensions tables, a translation tables for each dimension table and one table denomined “DM_Lingua” (DM_Language).

I need to use one prompt of DM_Lingua for user chose language to view the data, but i had some problens with this and i arrived a conclusion:

1. If i create contexts, i do not use two objects of each contexts on the same query.
  2. If i create alias, i do not have possibilites to create only one filter with prompt, i have to create one filter for each context/dimension translated (if i have 14 alias, i need 14 prompts)
  3. If i use the DM_Lingua on each Dimension, it works =) but i have a loops =(

Please, which the best way to i resolve this? if i use options 1 and 2, the customer disapproves this.

Thanks in advance.

Rodrigo.

rodrigocpz (BOB member since 2008-03-26)

Hi Rodrigo,

You posted the same question in another non-related topic. I cut it from there and created a new topic in the Semantic Layer / Universe Designer forum. You can find it here:

Please do not post the same question more times and do not post it into the topics that are not related with your question.

Thanks.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Ok Marek. Sorry.

Thanks.

rodrigocpz (BOB member since 2008-03-26)