BusinessObjects Board

Webi Report Restrictions

Hello,

I would like to find a way by which I can restrict access for users to edit reports in webi. My requirement is: once the report is published no one will be allowed to edit it.

The problem is: Business developers are creating reports and putting it in Corporate categories. I want to put it in some restrictive area where users can run it, refresh it but shouldn’t be able to save it to the same place.

Is it possible in BO6.5? I know it is possible in BOXIR2.

thanks in advance,
-rk

rit372002 :us: (BOB member since 2006-11-02)

Hi ,

This is possible in BO6.5 .
Select the user or group and Webi Intelligence
Go into command restriction you will find a document class there you can dissable edit option and other as per your requirement .

Regards
Swapnil

swapnil_taz :india: (BOB member since 2006-04-06)

Hi,

It’s impossible using security comand. You can’t apply granularity on security commands on BO 5 or BO 6.

Indeed the edit document capability is linked to application and not to domains.

You can to this from Xi true :wink:

Regards

Swapnil,

That will disable all the documents for a particular user. I don’t want that. I want a restrictive area where user doens’t have access to modify report. But user should be able to modify report in areas other than that restrictive area.

-rk

rit372002 :us: (BOB member since 2006-11-02)

Then you can’t readily do that in pre-XI versions. Take a look at this entry from Supervisor FAQ.

What you could try to do is to untick the “Editable” checkmark on each Data Provider in a document (via Data Manager – Definition tab). This is not foolproof, however. Someone who knows what they’re doing can do a “save for all users” when they save the document – and then they own the document and can go in and re-tick the “Editable” checkmark to be able to edit it.

But – it’s a slight measure of control.

Anita Craig :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-17)