BusinessObjects Board

WEBI problem.

Hello to all.
We have some webi reports which take almost 40 plus minutes to run. We were thinking this is due to slow query performance. We are using Oracle at the backend. However when we run the report SQL query using an oracle client tool then it just takes 5 minutes to execute.

We just cant understand why the performance is so slow via the portal. We are using Apache/Tomcat X1 R2 installation. Plus I believe we are using the java version of Business Object Web Intelligence.

Where can we start to investigate this problem. Could there be a problem at the universe layer, or just the web server layer.

Regards to All…

it_guru_2006 (BOB member since 2006-10-31)

Hi,

This should not happed. There will be different between timings of query and actual report but should not be that much.

1. Are there much complex calculations in report?

2. When report will execute it will show status like ‘processing request’, retriving information’, ‘decoding document’. try checking that how much time processing require takes. It should be more as compare to other two.
    try to get some statistics on that.

3. output is containing more row? how many?

Mandar_Deshpande :us: (BOB member since 2005-05-16)

Viewing the report in interactive mode provides a panel on the left hand side. From the drop down choose “Data Summary” and this will give you the run times and number of rows retrieved for each query.

This may provide some helpful info for your problem report.

Assuming your using the same DB login and running the exact same SQL, then I’d suggest running the report directly on the server. See if doing this makes any difference in the time it takes to run.

nathanebht :us: (BOB member since 2004-02-05)

Moderator note:
Please, edit your initial post and remove the word Urgent.
Please help keep BOB friendly! Review this topic for some suggestions, thanks.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

Hi,

Can you please tell us how did you solve this problem. We have similar problem. The Webi Report has no calculations/functions used, but the query uses functions. The query takes less than 3 mins on the database. While it does not come back even after 30 mins on the report. One important thing we noted was the query does not show up on the database for a long time.

Regards,
Zak

reachzak (BOB member since 2007-03-12)

Hi Zak,

Do you have variable in the report that need to be treated at the webi level?

David_Dadoun :canada: (BOB member since 2006-04-21)

No, we just have some database function calls, in the webi side we have no variables nor do we do any data massage.

Regards,
Zak

reachzak (BOB member since 2007-03-12)

Hi Zak,

Are you using the same data base account, as BO, when running the code in your SQL editor?

Have you tried running the report from the server itself?
If this works OK, you may have some network issues to deal with…

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

reminds me of a problem we had with a client of mine…

Can it be that BO is installed on another server than the database you want to query on? If yes, check whether the network connection is on full duplex instead of half duplex.

Thats what solved the problem when I had it.

HPE (BOB member since 2006-10-03)

Hi

Can anyone say what is interactive mode And how to check data summary in interactive mode

Thanks

br81 (BOB member since 2007-07-04)

This doesn’t appear to be related to this thread :? .

Try looking at the documentation, interactive mode is explained well.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)