BusinessObjects Board

Webi - Formatting Data Points On Line Graphs

Hello, I am very new to the world Webi and Business Intelligence. I have tried searching for my query but no luck.

In excel we can format the data points on a line graph. Is there a way this can be done in Webi when using a column chart with a line chart a secondary axis?

Thank you.

Oldtrafford1 (BOB member since 2015-07-21)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

What do you want to do to the data points? Change the font or the symbol used or…?

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Welcome to B :mrgreen: B

What version are you on?

Thanks for your replies, current version is

SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.1 Support Pack 5

I would like to change the symbol (think they are called markers in Excel) e.g from from a square to a star.

I have added an attachment to make it clearer[/img]
Changing Data Points v2.doc (42.0 KB)

Right click on Chart > Format Chart > Global > Pallette and Style > Marker Section > Symbol Pallete > Select entry with Star listed 1st > Check Mono Symbol check box.

Mak 1 :uk: (BOB member since 2005-01-06)

Thank you for your reply, so we can edit the order of the data points but we are unable to select our own data points?

Unsure what you mean.
You asked me how to turn the data points to star markers, I have done that.

Do you mean some kind of custom series of data points…or?

Sorry I should have explained in more detail, my query is how we can change the individual data points on the line chart, in excel if I had 5 lines on the line graph I can choose which data point i would like, pls refer to the attachment.

Can we do this in Webi?

Is there a way we can add our own custom data markers as mentioned below?
Updated Data Points.doc (81.0 KB)

Nope, not that I know of.

Ok no problem, thanks for your help and time!

4.1 SP6 has just introduced the ability to vary the line style, but it doesn’t go far enough to address your need. At this point it is traditional to say ideas.sap.com…the chances are if you have the requirement someone else will also…or will at least think it is an idea worth voting for. Good luck :lol:

Thank you for your post, I’ll take a look at ideas.sap.com, wasn’t aware of this!

You are welcome. We have a thread here for you to come back and point us to your idea. Those of us with no morals (ahem) even promote their ideas in their signatures :wink:

Just to set your expectations, most ideas fall by the wayside. Those few ideas I have had implemented took about 2 years from the initial suggestion to the delivery by SAP.