BusinessObjects Board

Webi as a Data Source

Hi all,
I would love to hear some feedback from those of you who use the new “Document as a Data source” functionality in BI 4.3 - where a (source) Webi doc acts as a data source to another (target) Webi document.
How much do you use this feature? How have you implemented it between your Power and End user groups?
We are a BEx query/HANA view shop and do not use UNX data sources. Webi as a data source, as cool as it is, becomes a concern for us because there is no way to apply row-level security. Do you any of you share these concerns? Know of any workarounds to this problem?

Thanks!

I’ve started investigating this today in my environment, as I think this could be very powerful. Unfortunately, apart from a rough guide from SAP, I’ve not found too much in the way of it being used and sharing experiences online.

Maybe this is because its not well known, or many use cases don’t have the need for a feature such as this? It would be interesting to know others thoughts on this.

I don’t have the security issues in my instance like you do, but I appreciate the concern. I’ll continue my investigation and provide feedback if I find out any relevant information.