BusinessObjects Board

Webi 4.2 - Controlling Elements With Drop Down

Hi,

Is there any way in which I can create a drop down (with the options of QTD and YTD) on a Webi Report, which I can then use to control whether a chart is visible or not?

Any help would be greatly recieved.

Kind Regards

bathyphen (BOB member since 2015-06-12)

If the report is going to be viewed on-line, you can create a dropdown using html:

but I’m not sure whether you can use that to show/hide a chart in that same page.

mikeil (BOB member since 2015-02-18)

If you have users who have the ability to use input controls in view mode, this is pretty quick and easy and can be used to have the option to give users different visualizations, look at row level vs aggregated blocks without having to launch child reports, etc. in addition to your requirement to look at a block with one calculation vs. another:

1. Create a block with your YTD column and a block with QTD column.

2. Make a new Variable called “View” or something like that, make it =“YTD”

3. Create an input control with Dropdown using your View variable and add a custom value to the list in creation for QTD that will be in addition to your YTD value.

4. Lay the blocks on top of each other and right click your block with YTD to check the hide when formula is true to =[View] = “QTD” and do the same on the QTD block for where [View] = “YTD” so that as the dropdown/radio button etc is used to select one the other is hidden.

5. profit.

tendernips (BOB member since 2017-07-27)

Thank you so much, this solved my problem :slight_smile:

Do you know of a way that this can be used as a document input control? I don’t seem to have the option to change the dependencies.