BusinessObjects Board

ways to report the successful/failed/running/pending reports

Hi,

My client wants to be presented with different ways to report the reports that were supposed to run on a particular day.
We have some reports that run on a daily basis.We have a spreadsheet with details of the reports and their scheduled run dates…so, we are manually filtering by the dates and checking against CMC, to see if each report has run successfully or if it failed.If failed, we are re-running it.
If they are still running or pending,we just wait for it to finish and then report as finished successfully.

We are in the lookout of a way (it could be a third party tool also), to just send out an email with the list of reports that ran on that particular day…

Can someone kindly list out all the possible ways to do this?

We are on Business Objects XIR2 and we run Crystal Reports XIR2 reports.

Thanks for all the help!

pvsbandi (BOB member since 2005-05-13)

You can do much of this with the Audit system. Pending is going to be the problem because it doesn’t show up in Audit.

Check out software from APOS.

Steve Krandel :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-25)

Thanks!Agreed, Audit reports are a good start.
One problem we have with them arises when the reports are still running or pending to run.
It would be great if we have a report which runs typically at say, 12:00 PM, to show all the ran/running reports and then another report which would run later the same day, to show that all the reports ran out successfully…

Does APOS software has reporting abilities as well?

We use this utility from BOB’s Downloads to help with this.

jwhite9 :us: (BOB member since 2006-07-28)

Thanks! We had proposed for this tool, but was rejected.The reason was that a macro might have viruses and can’t afford to run in Production.

Taking the code from the spreadsheet and putting it into your own code container isn’t an option?

jwhite9 :us: (BOB member since 2006-07-28)

At our place, access to Production is only through a remote server which,my local machine cannot talk to.
Production server doesn’t have MS Office installed and when requested for installation, we had to mention the reason as trying to run the Marco…
That’s the reason, they rejected our request.
I would very much like to use this tool, but cannot.

Any other means would be taken into consideration.

Thanks for all the help!

My company has a tool that can take any information in the CMS system db and put it into a relational DB. The instance information is part of the CMS system db, so this could be used. Contact me if you want more information.

gobrien :us: (BOB member since 2008-03-14)