BusinessObjects Board

Voting on product enhancements within BOB

Would it make sense to have a mechanism within BOB where a forum member could propose a feature, explain the rationale etc and then vote for a period - eg 30 days? If the feature was deemed to have a suitable threshold of support it could be fowarded to BOB with the provenance of its backing. This might carry significantly more sway than an idea coming from an individual customer.

Obviously we would need to agree on a convention for laying out the requirement, voting period, moderation, thresholds etc.

In my case I have been doing a lot with combined queries in WEBI and I have found myself creating ‘dummy’ universe objects such as ‘Y’ and ‘N’ or NULL and then using these in different situations within my combined query, so that I can see rows that meet that situation. So, to make this much easier, I would like to be able to create and name an object within the webi combined query panel and assign it a value. Closely related to this, I would like to be able to name the combined queries and thus ask that where there are potentially multiple contexts in each of the combined queries, then the context prompt actually specifies which of the combined queries the context prompt is referring to.

twofivepie :uk: (BOB member since 2008-10-16)

Interesting proposal but I don’t think we would have enough influence regarding SAP BusinessObjects to have our proposals took in account.

Some new features or bug corrections proposals are accepted because huge customers ask for this. Another solution is to be member of business objects user groups where such things can be reported to official BO representatives. As far as I am concerned, I often take part to sessions of “le club business objects” where we can claim in this way

bernard timbal :fr: (BOB member since 2003-05-26)

Just now, I was looking for where to send suggestions for new features here - Autocreate Enterprise alias from AD account?

And found this.

Thanks for the suggestion Bernard.

nicholas (BOB member since 2008-07-31)

Similar topic but related only to enhancements in BO Designer:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)