BusinessObjects Board

Viewing SQL generated by Business Objects

Is there a way to view the actual SQL sent from Business Objects to Oracle -not the SQL you see in the query panel, but the real stuff. We have a situation where some SQL will execute successfully in Oracle 9.2 but fail when submitted via Business Objects 6.5. We’ve already verified that the connection works.

gpokluda (BOB member since 2005-01-20)

Go to your DBA he can catch it for you, or if you have TOAD you can catch it as well with all the prompts as you have entered in BO.

JTAMBLYN :canada: (BOB member since 2003-05-28)

There is no way you can retrive the SQL generated by a variable formula break or filter. If you search BOB there is a macro which will do a lot of thing for you including maintaining very large data objects.

Check this thread,

you will have some idea.

NEO

KhoushikTTT :us: (BOB member since 2005-02-24)

Can you elaborate on this

NEO

KhoushikTTT :us: (BOB member since 2005-02-24)

Yep, we tried that using Oracle OEM, but the SQL fails too quickly and we can’t catch it. We get the generic “Exception: DBD, ORA-12805: parallel query server died unexpectedly
State: N/A” that Oracle issues when it doesn’t know what else to do :roll_eyes:

It’s been a while since I’ve used TOAD (back in the Oracle days. ahh I miss them), I’m using DBArtisan now and haven’t needed this feature yet. You are basically capturing the SQL sent from BO to Oracle, did it all the time but couldn’t walk you through it now. If TOAD was right in front of me I could find it, so either someone else can chime in here or do a quick search in Google or something. It is a great way to debug after prompts have been entered. I imagine it is something like a front end view of SQLAREA and the SESSION system view in Oracle.

JTAMBLYN :canada: (BOB member since 2003-05-28)

If you do want to capture it in Oracle have the DBA turn on Oracle SQL tracing. Then they can pluck it from the log table for you.

b_demann :us: (BOB member since 2003-03-20)

Okay. The DBA sez we can do that. Thanks for the help.