BusinessObjects Board

"View associated objects" doesn't work

I’m using Designer 6.5.1 with a large universe. I need to know the objects associated to a certain table but by right click the table and click “view associated objects” , nothing happened.

I have checked some objects and they do refer to the table I want to see…

Is there anyway I can get the associated objects quickly rather than check all the objects one by one?

Thanks

coco_yin (BOB member since 2006-10-08)

Hi,

If nothing else helps then you could try this utility that documents the universe. All information is written into an Excel sheet where you can find what you need more easily.

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)

Do those objects use @Select() or @Aggregate_Aware() by any chance?

Dave Rathbun :us: (BOB member since 2002-06-06)

Thank you,Marek. I have downloaded it and will have a try

Dave, in the universe, every single object is in aggregaet_aware function even only one field is quoted. Thanks

Hi coco_yin,

“view associated objects” won’t find objects where @Select() or @Aggregate_Aware() are being used in the select statement, which is why you’re getting no results.

The utility Marek suggested is going to be your quickest option.

pingate :uk: (BOB member since 2006-06-01)

Hi pingate and Marek, the tool really works great. Thank you very much

I hit this issue when trying to delete a table from designer. The documenting spreadsheet didn’t reveal the issue although it reported an error when I ran it.

I fixed the issue by

1. making sure I had a backup of the universe!
  2. delete the table from the universe and ignore the warning about dependent objects
  3. run the integrity check
    The integrity check parsed everything and highlighted the objects that I had undermined and I was able to fix them easily. The problems lay in two foreign keys that I had defined for index awareness - not sure if these should have been picked up by the documenting excel add-in?

matt.birchall (BOB member since 2011-06-29)