BusinessObjects Board

very general question

hi friends,
I am new to BO. So I want to know
1)when we go for DESKI and WEBI report…
2)what are the Pre-requisite for creation a Universe using the SAP BI/BW as a Data source.
3) what are the main difference between DESki and WEBi
4) what are the main differences between BO XI R2 and R3 version?

Regards…
Ravi

rvrsarma (BOB member since 2010-07-07)

A lot of these answers can be found either by searching this board or reading the free documentation available at help.sap.com.

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Deski is dead, and will be discontinued, so your options are really WebIntelligence (interactive reports) or Crystal Reports (pixel-perfect, allowing prompts, but not very interactive).

The BEx query must be set to allow external access, and one must use the SAP Integration Kit, preferrably use: SAP BusinessObjects XI 3.1 SP3 and SAP BW 7 EHP1 Sp5+ PatchLevel19+

see 2

See my post here, please. And by the way XI R2 is old and IMHO outdated.

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

hi Andreas,
Thanx alot . I have 1 more doubt that how to set External access to the BEX Query . can u tell me little bit more clearly…

1. i have 3 objects it was drag into the structure pane. but when im drag the same field in condition/query filter it is not coning what may be the reason…
  2. when we will get the Incompatible objects when the objects have no relation between them we get the Incompatible errors bu there only my doubt comes . if both the objects have relation between them then also it causing incompatible errors!! what could be the reason…

regards!!!
Ravi

rvrsarma (BOB member since 2010-07-07)