BusinessObjects Board

VBA Editor will not open

A user of our’s can not open the VBA editor from a new BusinessObjects installation on a new workstation. Here are the things I have tried and checked.

The BusinessObjects userid has privilege to edit and run VB macros in Supervisor. The user can still create and run VB macros on her old workstation.

The ZABO installation was done as an Administrative user on the Windows 2000 workstation. She has run BusinessObjects has the administrative user and gets an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

BusinessObjects has been uninstalled, the registry entries cleaned up, and BusinessObject reinstalled. She still gets the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

We have followed the steps in Resolution 12150. c:\winnt\system32\msforms.twd exists.

Zero Admin BusinessObjects 5.1.3
Windows 2000
Internet Explorer 5.5 was used to install ZABO.

Bill Fox (BOB member since 2002-07-10)

What happens when you de-install ZABO and install BO Reporter Full Client on her PC? Does it work then?

Andreas :de: (BOB member since 2002-06-20)

It must be a c00000005 day!

Nick Daniels :uk: (BOB member since 2002-08-15)

Hi Bill, did you find a solution to your problem with VBA editor? We are experiencing something similar but in a new installation under XP.

Schuster :united_arab_emirates: (BOB member since 2002-08-29)

The user had problems installing BusinessObjects the first time. They uninstall it but did not remove all registry entries. So the second time they installed BusinessObjects, VBA editor would not work. Plus they may of had issues with the Windows operating system installation in general, which they did not tell me about.

The fix was to uninstall BusinessObjects and carefully remove ALL BusinessObjects registry entries. This was done by searching on “busi” in regedit. Then install BusinessObjects as an administrative user.

Not doing BusinessObjects much any more. I’m doing more Oracle DBA and Unix work nowadays. I didn’t realize how much I missed doing DBA work.

Good Luck

Bill Fox (BOB member since 2002-07-10)