BusinessObjects Board

Variable using Last Months revenue

I have a prompt that when the user enters a date, it brings back 2 months worth of data. Thus when a user enters in 10/1/2004, it will also bring back 9/1/2004 data.
Now I am trying to show the revenue in calculations based off the month that was entered. My problem is if i try and use the userresponce variable or Max(date) in report, i can not use them in my where clause.
= where ( = Userresponce)
BO says you an not do it.

What makes it hard is I got it to work, but then when I use it in calculations combined with rand it does not work.
The table I want to use would look somthing like

ID Previous Current Total % of
Num Revenue Revenue Revenue All
1 400 50 450 30%
2 150 25 175 8%
3 50 75 125 4%
4 25 100 125 4%
5 50 50 100 2%

I am kind of lost on where to go now, i have been just trying things at will to see if they work.
Thank you

Zac Adam :us: (BOB member since 2002-11-12)

Have you tried using flags to resolve this issue?

<Current Month Flag>:= If(<Date> = Userresponse(DataProvider(<SomeVar>,"Month?")) Then 1 Else 0

<This Month's Revenue>:= <Revenue> Where <Current Month Flag> = "1"

Cheers,
-cs

csurguine :us: (BOB member since 2005-01-04)

Yes I have tried that, then I get a computation error. And if i say Max date then when I bring in revenue i will be bringing it for both, since the max date would be equal

Zac Adam :us: (BOB member since 2002-11-12)

This article should explain why this doesn’t work.
https://bobj-board.org/t/15226/18

As for the computation error, make sure all the dimension objects required to calculate the measure are in the report. Computation errors occur when a dimension used to calculate a measure is missing.

Can you be more specific as to what the error message is or what is happening when you try to perform the calculations?

csurguine :us: (BOB member since 2005-01-04)