BusinessObjects Board

[V6.5] prompt with optionnal filters

Hello,

Sorry if this is not very clear, i will try the best to express my self in english.:slight_smile:

Well here is my problem, I would like to create a prompt with a list of filters in BO V6.5 but il would like that some of the filters to be facultatives/optionnal, meaning that the user has to fill some of the prompt (let’s say for example that 5 prompts must be filled) and can fill 2 other prompt if he wants to.

When he’d fill the 5 prompts, he would have the possibility to push the 'OK" button to generate the report (even if he didn’t fill the 2 other prompts).

How can i make this?
For now i created the prompts but i have to fill in all of them to generate the report.

I hope it’s clear enough for you to understand because i’m looking for help.

Thanks!

Sokhar (BOB member since 2009-07-24)

Welcome to B:bob:B!

As far as I know, there is no concept of Optional prompts you can make in universe level. But Web-I 3.x has optional prompt concept at query level.

Jansi :india: (BOB member since 2008-05-12)

Hi Jansi,

Thanks for your answer!
Well i guess i’ll have to find something else to deal with my problem…

One solution would be to fill in the “optionnal” prompts automatically at every refresh of the report (with a * ).
But again i don’t know exactly how to proceed…is it even possible this time haha? :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks!

Sokhar (BOB member since 2009-07-24)

Hi Sokhar,

In your BO version, you can simulate the optionality of a prompt by so called “ALL in LOV” concept. Basically, using one technique you add one additional value into the LOV. The value will be something like “-- All --”. Then if users selects this value from the LOV of a dimension then the condition will select all possible values of the dimension, it means it will work as there is no condition for the dimension.

Check these 2 entries in the Designer’s FAQ:

Marek Chladny :slovakia: (BOB member since 2003-11-27)